Do you think it [BFBC2] is better or worse than Battlefield 2?I left my initial thoughts in a reply, but I wanted to note and add to those thoughts here.
As compared to BF2, BFBC2 Pros:
- BC2 is better about vehicles. Aircraft aren't overpowered (so far) and ground vehicles aren't invincible.
- Destructible environments.
- The leveling and upgrade system is superior in BC2.
- In-game friends system.
- Squads are limited to four players in BC2 and any member can be used as a spawn point.
- Vehicle-based upgrades.
- Rush game-type (a game mode that doesn't stray too far from the traditional BF "capture the flag", but provides a focused objective-based progression map).
- Collecting dog tags for melee kills
- A move away from kills counting for the most points, allowing support players to be in the hunt for top honors each round.
- The gun play feels sloppy in the BC2 beta.
- Players can not go prone in BC2.
- Ground vehicles feel overpowered until players unlock laser tags. This is mainly because C4 in BC2 is a pain in the rear to use.
- Some graphic effects in BC2 are annoying (scope blur, bloom, fog/smoke, explosion bounce). BF2 always felt very clean visually, allowing players to make sense of the madness.
- Large, open maps
- More to do than just kill enemies, but its still really all about killing enemies.
- The server browser.
- Close quarters sound effects are non-existent. I've never heard another player approaching or running around near me in BF2 or BC2.