3 New Maps
- * Operation Smoke Screen
- * Taraba Quarry
- * Great Wall
4 New vehicles
- * Main Battle Tank - Leopard 2A6
- * Main Battle Tank – Challenger 2
- * Fighter – Eurofighter (Typhoon T1)
- * Attack Heli – Eurocopter Tiger (Tiger HAP)
7 New Weapons
- * HK53A3
- * Famas
- * SA80 L85A2
- * SA80 L85A2 with UGL (AG-36)
- * HK21
- * Benelli M4
- * P90
- * L96A1
1 New Army
- * European Union
1 new award
- * European Union Special Service Medal
Now onto my predictions.
1. It is no secret the Chinese Army is the most underplayed army in BF2. For good reason; the Chinese maps are large and prone to air power raping the entire map. On top of that there is no single good map for scoring points in the Chinese map set.
So one of these new maps is going to be very (and I mean VERY) similar to Strike at Karkand. It will offer equally fast paced combat in an urban setting without the use of any air power. People will flock to this server because it will gain as many (if not more) points than Karkand does. EA probably believes this will somehow even out the balance between the armies.
2. A patch will be appearing shortly before or after the launch of Euro Force. It will make Euro Force unplayable and be removed. It will be taken back and retooled and then be released with the next big update.
3. The pack will sell well because of the new Karkand like map and EA will be convinced they can keep making money off these minor content updates. Its a good idea, but after Special Forces I don't expect too much meat with the release of each of these booster packs.
EA has failed to integrate the game play of SF and Battlefield 2 as it is which has segregated the community. I don't see this pack being that great, but give the stat boys a map to whore points on and they will pay... they will pay.